But, because it's a relatively new device that is just coming into public awareness, there is a lot of misinformation surrounding the e cigarette. Is it safe? Can it help you stop smoking? Is there a danger of more kids getting addicted to nicotine? These are all smart questions that need to be addressed in order for you to make an intelligent decision whether this is something you could benefit from.
The following are a list of 10 frequestly asked questions about the electronic cigarette:
1. How close to the real thing is it? Very similar... enough to please the most hardcore smokers. There are many reports of smokers with 1-2 pack a day habits completely switching over to e-cigarettes permanently. The vapor tastes, feels and looks like tobacco smoke. It delivers that instant nicotine satisfaction that smokers desire.
2. Is it safe? Tobacco smoke has over 4,000 toxic chemicals. Electronic smoking has zero of these because there is no actual smoke involved. Smoke is the real health hazard. E-cigarettes deliver nicotine by inhaling a vaporized water/nicotine solution without having to live in fear about tar, carbon monoxide, etc.
A report by the Royal College of Physicians states that nicotine by itself has not been proven to cause any long term ill health effects. e-cig vapor has about 20 ingredients (including nicotine) all of which are considered safe as long as the proper instructions are followed.
3. Can it help me quit smoking? e cigarettes are NOT marketed as smoking cessation devices. They are meant to be used by smokers who are seeking another option that can be used everywhere. That being said, common sense dictates that it for sure has potential to be an major part of a sensible stop-smoking program (similar to how nicotine gum and patches are used).
4. Is it approved by the FDA? The e-cigarette is a nicotine delivery device and doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA right now.
5. Why are certain groups so opposed to it? This is a complicated question. Certain groups may have the public's best interests in mind and just want more clinical studies to be done. Others have a financial interest in trying to figure out the best way to capitalize on what is probably going to be a billion dollar industry soon.
6. Can it be used anywhere? Mostly, yes. There is no burning tobacco so no second hand smoke is produced. Although it is totally acceptable in most public places, there are certain areas like restaurants that may not like the appearance of it. In these cases simply check with the employees beforehand.
7. Does it target kids? Absolutely not! There is a lot of misinformation regarding this topic. Some anti-groups are claiming that because a variety of flavors like fruit, vanilla, chocolate, etc. are available this is going to appeal to kids. That's like saying because nicotine gum comes in a variety of flavors like mint or fruit it's catering to a younger crowd. Adults enjoy a variety of flavor choices too! The bottom line is the initial cost for an electronic cigarette starter kit (usually around $100 or so) is not practical for most teens. The market is adult smokers looking for a healthier alternative smoking choice.
8. What is the best electronic cigarette? This is where you need to use a bit of discrimination. There has been a lot of cheap designs coming out of China that are wrought with mechanical problems. Luckily there are a handful of high-quality manufacturers out there. A little bit of research will help you decide. Just remember that sometimes it's worth spending a few more dollars one time to ensure you get a high quality device that is capable of giving you an enjoyable and problem-free smoking experience.
9. How much does it cost? A quality starter kit (including rechargeable battery, charger and 5 nicotine cartridges) will run you around $100 - $150. A package of 5 cartridges will run you around $10 - $15. 1 cartridge is about the equivalent of 1 - 1.5 packs of cigarettes. Run the numbers. That's the equivalent of paying around $2 - $3 per pack of cigarettes.
10. Where can I buy one? Because it's still fairly new, not many stores are carrying these yet. The best deals can be found on the internet. Go to our Electronic Cigarette Review Site to check out some of the best e-cig available today.
But don't rush out and buy an electronic cigarette yet!
Not all e-cigarettes are created equal... as a matter of fact many of the early designs are prone to mechanical failure. The most common complaint is that the atomizers get clogged. When this happens the vapor quality and volume is greatly compromised. Another problem is short battery life.
The best way to avoid these problems is to educate yourself on the best models/brands. Unfortunately the majority of manufacturers are producing cheaply made inferior products. The good news is that there are a handful of reputable companies with top of the line electronic cigarettes that will give you a realistic smoking experience without all the pains and problems.
If you would like more information on where you can buy one of the superior e cigarettes available on the market, go to our electronic cigarette reviews site.
Can electronic cigarettes allow you to eliminate the need smoking ? I don't see why not. But the companies who sell these devices are not in a position to tell you that. Because the FDA has not approved electronic cigarettes, they are not being sold as smoking cessation devices, but rather as a healthier 'alternate smoking option' for people who want smoke in public places.
E cigs are an alternative nicotine delivery system. Common sense would dictate that they could be effectively used as part of an overall smoking cessation program, similar to the way nicotine gum, patches and inhalers are.
And here is an fact about the e cig nicotine cartridges: They come in several different nicotine levels - high, medium, low, and zero nicotine. Conceivably a person could slowly wean themselves from their nicotine addiction by progressively lowering their intake levels. It's key to note that even a cartridge with a 'high' nicotine level still delivers considerably lower amounts of nicotine per inhale than a traditional cigarette.
So how many smokers successfully quit using the e-cigarette? It's too soon to say for sure and no organized studies have been performed to date. However, if one were to go to the numerous 'vaping' forums they would see many testimonials of people who have kicked the habit for good using these devices. Some of these success stories are from people who have smoked over a pack a day for decades.
Until in-depth clinical studies are done, we are going to have to rely on anecdotal testimonials and our own reasonable judgement. Do your research and educate yourself on the facts. Now you can make your own decision on e cigs.
Here's the bottom line: There isn't anything out there, even one as promising as the e cig, is going to be a 'silver bullet' that can make a smoker quit overnight. Successfully quiting forever starts with a strong conviction to quit. If a person truly wants to quit then the electronic cigarette may prove to be a very helpful tool in realizing that goal.
But let's face it... many smokers Do not want to quit! They just enjoy smoking too much. For this group, electronic smoking can be a much healthier alternative... hopefully one that will keep them alive a lot longer.
Other Sites We Like:
Get Informed About E Cigs And Their Impact In Society Today
Learn About Electronic Cigarettes And Their Impact In Society Today
Learn About E Cigarettes And Their Impact In Society Today
Get Informed About Electronic Cigarettes And Their Impact In Society Today
Shenzhen Mody Tech Co.Ltd., built in 2018 and headquartered in Shenzhen Bao’an District, is an innovative high-tech enterprise focusing on E-cigarette research& development, manufacturing and distributing and offering OEM service.